Chysil Creativ Cakes and South Bakels bring you free baking workshops at the Rand Show to help raise your own baking to new heights.
Award-winning speciality cake maker, Chysil Creativ Cakes, will hold free baking and cake decorating workshops for Rand Show visitors throughout all 10 days.
At the Rand Show last year, Chysil Creativ Cakes, together with sponsor South Bakels, won a Gold Award for their workshops, so visitors to this year’s show can rest assured that their time spent with talented cake maker Cheryl Gerds and her team will be time well spent.
These entertaining and interactive baking workshops will give home bakers the chance to learn new skills and pick up handy tips and tricks about baking and cake decorating.
There will be four to five workshops each day. The first five visitors to join each workshop will help the Chysil Creativ team on each project, but there’s plenty of room for everyone to watch.
Workshops will cover cookies, cake pops, cupcakes, petit fours, and cakes. Topics include:
- Basic baking made easy: Learn about baking cakes and cupcakes using South Bakels’ easy-to-use cake mixes.
- Cake sculpting how to’s for more advanced bakers. For this workshop, Cheryl and her team will make a Lightning McQueen cake or a superhero cake, walking visitors through all the steps, from initial baking to final fondant decoration.
- Workshops on fondant icing, from basic cake covering to advanced fondant skills that will help you decorate like a cake boss.
- Delectable iced cookies: Use cookie mixes from South Bakels to make delicious biscuits, and learn how to ice them.
- Decorating cakes using buttercream.
- An introduction to petit fours: tips and tricks.
- How to make and decorate cake pops, and make and decorate fancy cupcakes with toppings and mousse.
Ingredients for each workshop are sponsored by South Bakels, which manufactures and distributes a wide range of high-quality baking premixes and specialised ingredients. Workshop ingredients, as well as other South Bakels products, will be on sale for those wanting to try out what they’ve learned at home.
CLOVER BAKING & MAKING
There’s more baking fun to be had with Clover in the Kids Edutainment Hall. Run by a group of qualified teachers, the Clover Baking & Making sessions in hall 8 are packed will great things for kids to do … put on a chef’s hat and decorate cupcakes, and make arts and crafts projects to take home.
These interactive workshops are just a small part of the full lineup of top-class entertainment on offer at the Rand Show. South Africa’s biggest consumer expo is the only show to offer attractions covering everything from sport, motoring, military, and science and technology, to design, animals, gardening, health and beauty, and variety shows … there’s an entire day out for the whole family packed into each Rand Show ticket.
Visit www.randshow.co.za to find out about what’s on this year at the Rand Show.
WHEN, WHERE, HOW MUCH?
The Rand Show runs from Friday, 14 April to Sunday, 23 April 2017, from 9 am to 7 pm (last entry at 6 pm), at the Johannesburg Expo Centre, Nasrec (GPS – S26°14.484’ E27°58.510). There is ample secure paid parking at the venue, with visible policing.
Rand Show tickets at the gate cost R150 for adults, R50 for pensioners, R50 for 13-16 years, R20 for 6-12 years, and under six enter free. Midweek specials for Tuesday 18, Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 April only are R75 for adults, and R20 for 13-16-year-olds. Open-air parking is R20 per car. Tickets are available at the gate or through Computicket. Tickets give access to a wide variety of entertainment attractions but exclude rides on the helicopter and monorail, drifting, bag jumping, the fun fair, and refreshments and food.
— Arrive Alive (@_ArriveAlive) April 5, 2017